Thursday, September 5, 2013

Tool Talk

I admit, I've been struggling to write original content this week.  I have a lot on my plate that I'm trying to resolve, and as such, I haven't been able to get rolling.

BusinessCat never has writer's block.
So I'd like to share with you some of the tools I use that you might find helpful.

CONTENT FEEDS AND SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT

For use in my social media channels (and to spark my own creativity), I use Twitter and Feedly to follow people, blogs and organizations that give me lots of good marketing content.

I use HootSuite, mostly, to share and schedule posts for my social media feeds on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and LinkedIn.


GREAT MARKETING SITES

Here's a few of my favorites places for advice about marketing, including blogs, white papers, online and offline training, and much more!


TOOLS

I'm a Google fangirl (all of my mobile devices are Android, of course).  I use GMail, Google Calendar, Google Tasks, Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Picasa, and of course, this site is on Blogger. My main browser is Chrome (but I also use Firefox when I need to).

I use the apps on my phone and Nexus 7 tablet as well.  So as you can see, if Google makes it, I'll try it!

I'm also a power user of Microsoft Office. While I don't think you have to have Office - Google has some great (and free) stuff - there are some cool capabilities it's hard to get elsewhere.

I'd love to know what tools and sources you use - let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment