Thursday, October 17, 2013

Sick of it All

Insert witty comment here while I take a nap.
This is not the post I was going to make today.

Instead, I'm on day two of a pretty nasty bug I've picked up.

I made the decision to stay home and get better quickly, rather than push it and make myself sick longer (I find, as a I age, this is definitely the wiser thing to do).  I also wanted to avoid spreading whatever I have.

On the one hand, I'm lucky - I don't have a boss to try to convince I'm sick enough to stay home.

On the other hand, it's seriously impacting my business, and there really isn't anything I can do about it, as I am a one-man shop, and there's only me - nobody will cover me.

Automation tools have helped my online presence, at least, and I can keep doing a lot of that at home, but I'm a very hyper-localized business, and I need to be out and about seeing folks in order to generate billable hours.

So I have a question for you - what do you do when you're sick in your small business?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment