Thursday, October 10, 2013

DOTC: Barter Again!

Some time ago, I recommended that you consider using barter in your business.

I have several friends in small business doing this a lot, for both business and personal services and products.  In fact, I do this myself (for bookkeeping services, as I would rather chew on aluminum foil than do my books, thank you).

As you probably know, the big boys do this too.

Take Chrysler.

Recently, Chrysler was able to barter for a spokesman for their new Dodge Durango SUV.  And they got a big one:  Will Ferrell, in character as Ron Burgundy, for his upcoming movie, "Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues".  Here's one of my favorites:


Chrysler gets a free (and memorable) pitchman for their ads, and Paramount Pictures gets free promotion for their movie release.  Win-win for all concerned.

Learn more about this here:


You stay classy, San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment